Friday, June 24, 2011

Coming to Charlotte: Wayne Jacobsen


Admit it. You've thought it: "I don't want to go to church anymore!"

Years ago, such a thought would have seemed blasphemous. But now more of us are coming to the realization that church is not something we go to but it is WHO we are as a people.

Just a few months into my kingdom journey "outside the system" I read an excellent fictional book, "So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore". And a few short months ago I enjoyed a wonderful time of fellowship over Skype with one of the co-authors, Wayne Jacobsen. At that time I extended an invitation for him to come to Charlotte to share his heart. Just a few weeks ago I was thrilled to get an email from Wayne, accepting our invitation to join us in late July.

If you have not read the book, I urge you to do so. To take in an excerpt, click the link below to read my previous blog on "So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore"

http://calltorevolution.blogspot.com/2010/03/so-you-dont-want-to-go-to-church.html

And to get more information on, and R.S.V.P to Wayne Jacobsen's visit, click on the Facebook link below.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=212250008813511



No comments: